Rebel Princess Reader is currently accepting, at my own discretion, e- and print- ARCs, -galleys, and -books for review consideration from publicists, authors, agents, etc. You may contact me via my contact form (see below).
Please note that contacting me assumes that you have read and agreed to the following terms:
- I only respond to offers that interest me. I am always happy to hear from publishers and authors about books, but unfortunately, I cannot make guarantees about reviews. This blog is a passion project, not a job.
- Please be aware that I do not commit to review any book I receive (the one exception being blog tours), and I do not promise to write about any book in a positive way.
- If you schedule a blog tour with me, I require at least a week from when I receive the book, by e-mail or snail mail, to the scheduled date of the review. If I don’t receive the book at least 7 days before the post is scheduled, I will consider the agreed upon posting date null and void. I cannot guarantee that I will reschedule.
- What to include in your review request:
- Release Date,
- Page Count,
- Age range of the intended audience (for children’s/young adult)
- Website associated with the book or author,
- Your contact name (and role),
- Expected timeframe when you would like the review to be posted (if applicable)
- My eReader is a Kindle Paperwhite, so please only send me Kindle-compatible files (.mobi).
- My email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am on Goodreads, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- My blog is not your advertising space. If I agree to a guest post or interview, I expect to receive somethings exclusive that will not be reprinted elsewhere. Guest posters receive no material or monetary compensation, and as such retain all rights and liability attached to their posts. I do not alter or reproduce guest post material without permission.
- All of my reviews are the personal opinions of someone who reads for pleasure in her free time. I do not review books by any authors with whom I might have a personal connection, either online or in person.
- All of the content and photos and Dogwood Books are wholly original (excluding book covers), unless otherwise stated. Said content and photos are copyrighted by Dogwood Books. If you choose to quote any portion of an article, you must include a hyperlink back to my website and cite Dogwood Books as its original source. Under no circumstances may entire articles be copied or reposted without written permission from Dogwood Books.
What I Like:
I truly am interested in a wide variety of books and my tastes do change. As a general rule of thumb, I love fiction, young adult, and narrative nonfiction. Currently, I am especially interested in the following:
- Science Fiction
- Fantasy (including, but not limited to Urban Fantasy: werewolves, vampires, zombies, etc.)
- Young Adult
- Post-apocalyptic/survival stories
- Crime Fiction
- True Crime
- Thrillers/Psychological Thrillers
- Mysteries (darker/noir)
- Literary Fiction
- Narrative Nonfiction
I will also accept music, movies, and TV shows for review. Again, accepting any one of these items does not guarantee a review.
5 Stars = Outstanding. Great content and style. This book was 100% perfect and I would recommend it to everyone.
4 Stars = Recommended. Satisfactory in content and style. This book was almost perfect; it just had a few things that I did not like, but I would still recommend it.
3 Stars = Flaws with some redeeming quality. This book was not bad, but it was also not good. It was just in the middle. My feelings… meh.
2 Stars = Seriously flawed and marginal. This book was not good. I would not read it again.
1 Star = Unacceptable in style and content. I was not a fan of this book and I would never recommend it to someone else.
For My Readers:
While I may receive books for review, I will always let you know where I got the book and will give you my honest opinion, regardless of the source. Most of the books I review are from the library, loaned to me by friends or family, or books I bought myself. It should be assumed that everything I review was obtained in this fashion unless expressly stated otherwise within the review.